[Openfontlibrary] Friends of St Bride Library conference 2007

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Thu Apr 26 10:37:18 PDT 2007

Hi,

On 25 Apr 2007, at 00:15, Liam R E Quin wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 11:59 +0100, Ben Weiner wrote:
>
>> Anyhow I am (urk) cross-posting the notice <snipped>
>
> I am not sure that it's all tha toff-topic, but it's awfully short
> notice for those of us who live a long way away.  Although, to be
> fair, I usually can't get funding to go to conferences unless I'm
> speaking at them, and I know I'm not alone in that, and for that
> you'd need to issue a call for participation or something :-)

Thanks for your kind words everyone.

Yes, it is short notice; we are a bit old-fashioned and like to wait
until we know things are going to work out before making
announcements. Although the conference is annual its future is not
assured :-\

As for calls for participation: couldn't manage that this year
because (in addition to the desire to announce a finished programme)
we had to move the dates five months forward. I'll see what can be
done in 2008 :)

Hope to meet some of you at this year's conference.

Cheers,
Ben