[Openfontlibrary] NEW FEATURE: Open Font License 1.1 Support!

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Apr 29 22:00:41 PDT 2007

Hello all, Nicolas Spalinger wrote the basics of support for ccHost for
Open Font License 1.1 and then I rounded out the changes, tested with
ccHost, and installed the license onto our site.

So, now everyone out there can upload fonts and license them with the
Open Font License or release into the public domain.

So, hats off to Nicolas!

I started a new SVN module to add openfontlibrary.org ccHost modules and
tweaks which is described here:
http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/index.php/SVN#Modules

The new module is called: openfontlibrary_cchost

So, hopefully this encourages more contributors to the project! Nicolas
and others, this seems like a big newsworthy event, possibly could be
linked with LGM2007 with blog post and Press Release from SIL and our
project to announce this, our new logo, and where we need help...

Also, it would be great if we could get a solid about page on our site
that explains the project concisely and the Open Font License clearly.
Would anyone like to take this on?

Then, finally, the one big thing we need is generation of typography
from uploaded fonts...if anyone is interested in these tasks, please
step up here and/or jump into #openclipart on irc.freenode.net

Cheers!

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org