[Openfontlibrary] exljbris

Gustavo Ferreira grilo at centroin.com.br
Fri Jan 26 15:48:41 PST 2007

this is old, but i would like to make some comments:

> Here's the non-free license information for these fonts. They are
> very nice though! :-)
>
> > Font license information
> > This font is free for personal and commercial use
>
> Awesome!
>
> > This font may not be modified
>
> Not so awesome :-(

why not?

i think this is a fair deal: the type-designer is letting you use his fonts for free, and he asks for your
feedback so he can continue improving the font.

> > This font may not be distributed -not online nor on any
> > media- without my permission
>
> Not so awesome :-(

why not?

the type-designer gets public attention in exchange for letting everybody use his fonts without
paying.

note that he is not saying 'fonts may not be distributed' - he just wants to be able to have some
control on that.

i think this is fair.

> > This font may not be sold
>
> Not so awesome :-(

why not?!

this guy has put a lot of effort in studying type-design, making these fonts and the website. why
should others make profit from his hard work?

sorry dave, but i think your comments just show a lack of comprehension for the designer's point of
view...

best,
- gustavo.