[Openfontlibrary] FontEmbedding.com

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Aug 9 07:56:23 PDT 2008

Gustavo, I'm not telling you want to do, but offering helpful
suggestions that would help us construct a better project. This list is
to develop the openfontlibrary.org and your posts, while informative, do
not help us fix bugs or move the openfontlibrary.org towards supporting
even the basic features we would like.

more below.

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 11:46 -0300, Gustavo Ferreira wrote:
> dear john,
>
> please don't tell me what to do. thanks.

> i don't care about the open font library (and i have already
> explained why).

Ok, then please don't post here on this list. blog it.

> i am a type-designer, i care about fonts (open or not) and their
> typographic quality.

great.

> in my humble oppinion, you would be of much more help to the free/
> open font cause if you would direct your energy at raising funds to
> pay professional type-designers to work on free/open fonts. (but i've
> said that already too...)

This list is openfontlibrary.org which is list to construct/develop
openfontlibrary first. So, I've put my energy, when available to do
this.

While great to pay designers, that is not highest priority to get
openfontlibrary.org working well -> coding is!

We need people to help build the site, not just link dump on this
development list.

> regards,
> - gustavo.
>
> ps: what are "font 2.0 sites"?

Made that up. Meaning, font sites that use web 2.0 tech. There are lots
like you often url dump onto this list.

If you would like to discuss this further, lets take offlist.

Jon