[Openfontlibrary] GPL with Font Exception?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Aug 27 10:37:48 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 18:28 +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:
> 2008/8/27 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com>:
> >
> > Thanks god I do not work for any hosting company.

Alex, I did not mean to be evil in my statement. I understand the issue
at hand and I seriously appreciate all the work you are doing to resolve
this. I apologize for my pushy statement.

> I spoke to Alex on IM about it.
>
> Alex paid the registrar but they had changed the registration fee,
> without notifying him, so it turned out he didn't pay enough. But they
> still updated it, 8 days after payment. However, the DNS is pointing
> to their holding page. He is waiting for them to fix it, and then when
> it is fixed, he will move it somewhere else.

Ok, so there isn't really any way to speed this up by them rather than
just waiting on the registrar to do something?

> I hope he'll post on the list and we can agree on what the best host
> is going to be moving forward. I guess hooking into freedesktop.org's
> registrar/DNS would be good....
>
> Dave

Yes, probably easiest to add to one of our own stable hosting providers
that acts quicker. My offer still stands on using mine. FD.o will move
at a glacial pace as we have seen before.

San Francisco, CA + Guangzhou + Beijing
GLOBAL +1.415.830.3884
CHINA +86.1.360.282.8624
jon at rejon.org