[Openfontlibrary] oflb.org and switching domains

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Nov 4 01:31:28 PST 2008

Hi,

I've bought these domains just now:

openfontlibrary.info
oflb.info
oflb.org

I suggest we make all the domains redirect to oflb.org and get that
promoted as the main URL, then fewer new people will think to go to
openfontlibrary.com.

Or is that risky? The current domain has some recognition, and while
it woudl continue to work transparently, there are other instances
where .net and .com are not owned and the unique .org wins... Perhaps
its best we just sit tight?

Given we have a new visual identity coming, I think a new URL would be
good though. And oflb.org would help cement that acronym for visitors
and stop confusion with the Open Font License which has "OFL" staked
out IMO :-)