[OpenFontLibrary] browser / resolution compatibility for new site

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Mon Apr 6 09:36:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

James Weiner wrote:
> But we can't exclude people purely because they use a dreadful browser
> that ignores all agreed standards recommendations. To be honest in my
> experience it should just be a case of straightening out a few of the
> more common major bugs to achieve something that at least isn't all
> broken and ugly. Hopefully this won't take more than a few hours to do.
Hope so!
> I also agree that validation would be a good thing, but this can't
> happen until everyone has stopped fiddling with the html and we know
> that we're in some sort of 'finished' state. I'll happily do the bug
> fixing seeing as it's one of the parts of my day job and also I'm
> familiar with the css what with having written it in the first place
> ;o). Any chance we could try and get the site 'complete' in May? I
> have some free time then that I can contribute.
Everyone who is contributing is quiet at the moment, but I expect to
hear from Ed Trager soon about the tools he is working on. They affect
the way users contribute files so they will affect the HTML. I doubt
they will themeselves have any non-valid code though :-)

After that I think we will be ready to run through the site and look for
validation errors.
>  Fontfreedom at aol.com: maybe one day you'd like to contribute rather
> than just criticise?
I think, on aggregate, OFLB will benefit ;-)

Ben

--
Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html