[OpenFontLibrary] Incomplete fonts/dingbat fonts

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Apr 21 00:54:57 PDT 2009

Hi,

We have agreed, I think, that we want OFLB to be a source to visitors of
quality fonts, not lots of dross. Ed's fontaine is going to check unicode
coverage of fonts, and testing it I found that a font I'm developing, with
only lowercase glyphs, fails the coverage check since its a latin1 encoded
font without a cap A, and so its obviously not a fully useful font.
Therefore OFLB ought to politely decline it as a submission and ask me to
fill out the caps, I think.

This raises a problem for dingbat fonts, which we have some of, which have
random glyphs used. I think the solution there is to direct such fonts to
OCAL, right?

Regards, Dave