[OpenFontLibrary] Broken preview on openfontlibrary.fontly.org

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Mon Aug 17 11:09:10 PDT 2009

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Johnson wrote:
> I uploaded my Pfennig font to the new OFL site just to test the
> interface out, and I noticed that the PNG-preview for the Bold Italic
> did not pick up any of the glyphs:
> http://openfontlibrary.fontly.org/files/Daniel_J/72
> Re-uploading the .otf file did not change this.  I've verified in
> FontForge that the .otf is not corrupt.

:-(
> Also, in IE the four weight/style combinations show up correctly under
> "Font Linking with @font-face",
You've got them installed locally - right now we don't serve up EOT
versions to IE and it cannot download and display linked fonts in OTF
format :-/

Uninstall them and you will see that there's a monospace font instead.
>  but in Firefox 3.5.2 Medium Upright
> shows up for all four.

Hmm. I'm seeing what looks like the right fonts on Safari 4/Mac - what
do you see with that browser or with Chrome?

Cheers,
Ben

--
Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html