[OpenFontLibrary] What licenses do we accept?

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Wed Jul 15 07:33:30 PDT 2009

Ed Trager wrote:
> Hi, all,

> Fontaine's code tree we find:
>
> ~/fontaine/trunk/src/licenses $ ls
>
> Aladdin.h        GPL.h                   licenses.h      template.h
> ArphicPublic.h   GPLWithFontException.h  Magenta.h       UnknownLicense.h
> BitstreamVera.h  IPA.h                   OFL.h
> Freeware.h       LGPL.h                  PublicDomain.h

Hi Ed,

In the project-and-organisation-specific deprecated category we may want
to add detection for the following licensing models:
- Utopia
- Baekmuk
- GUST
- Hershey
- Lucida
- Stix
- Wadalab
- mplus
- Mincho

And a profile to detect any CC-licensed fonts to flag them up.

> "template.h" provides a template for extending Fontaine to recognize
> additional licenses.

I'll provide the patch for MIT.

> Best - Ed

Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary
http://planet.open-fonts.org