[OpenFontLibrary] What licenses do we accept?

nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Jul 15 08:02:29 PDT 2009

> Hi, Nicolas,
>
> (1) I'll work on chasing down the deprecated licenses you mention.
> This is straightforward to do.

Some of them such as Stix should not be used anymore

Others like GUST are sort of ok in an evil way, but GUST people tend to
make very bad licensing choices so I'd audit carefully anything with a
GUST-originated license.

GPLv2+FE & LGPL are good too even if GPLv3+FE is probably the better
choice nowadays.

For a list of licenses Fedora cleared (even if we do not like at all many
of them), see

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal_considerations_for_fonts#Approved_font_licenses

> (2) The CC Licenses are actually the ones that I find most confusing
> ... Could someone provide me the names and links to actual fonts
> licensed under CC licenses so I can see what the authors have included
> in the Copyright and License fields?

Mutante font in cave9
http://code.google.com/p/cave9

Vollkorn