[OpenFontLibrary] [Open Font Library] Upload Flagged

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Mar 4 12:09:26 PST 2009

2009/3/4 Nicolas Spalinger <nicolas_spalinger at sil.org>:
> Via recent email discussion with Asana Math's author he explains that:
>
> - he hasn't touched Palladio
> - pxfonts was used as the basis of his design for many glyphs but not
> everything
> - he has explicit permission to relicence from the author of pxfonts
>
> I recommended he put this information in a more complete readme file (or
> better a FONTLOG http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/Fontlog ) and in the
> font metadata.
>
> There was ftp://ftp.inria.fr/pub/TeX/CTAN/fonts/Asana-Math/README.1ST
> already.
>
> We should take this in good faith

Yes, therefore I have made Asana public again at
http://openfontlibrary.org/media/files/publish/asyropoulos/219

I would like to publicly offer my sincere apologies to Apostolos for
not asking him first about the font's origins before I hid it.

This is clearly not the right procedure to take when a font is flagged
as unsafe; ask questions first, shoot the font later :-)