[OpenFontLibrary] licence

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Mar 22 08:00:23 PDT 2009

2009/3/22 Kess Vargavind <vargavind at gmail.com>:

> While personally I would prefer FONTLOG, since all capitals stands out
> among the other files. And to me, all capitals denote a file with
> metacontents. I did not like this naming convention a few years ago,
> but its practicality has grown on me.

Yes, and I like it because its SHOUTING ALL CAPS is useful to say
"This is an important file you should look at, dear user" :-)

> That aside, why not accept the file regardless of casing and, partly,
> file extension as well? The versions I remember seeing are:

I think we'll accept any capitalisation and with or without
extensions, since they'll be in a zip file for downlaods and sucked
into a mysql database for display in the OFLB webpages.

This really is about what to uniformly refer to these documents as in
prose, like on this list or on the wiki - what the house style should
be for OFLB.

I'm happy to call a fontlog a fontlog, and to encourage people to
upload fontlog.txt files, for the reasons Nicolas M suggests, but I
don't mind.