[OpenFontLibrary] Some progress!

Barry Schwartz chemoelectric at chemoelectric.org
Mon Apr 5 21:31:19 PDT 2010

Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> skribis:
> What isn't working now is support in the GCFP interactive typesetting
> system for full families, because I can't figure out how to pass the
> family variants to pcfp. The output of fc-list as the Apache user is:

I don't know the details, but as a general matter you do not want to
use fontconfig to find font families, because it doesn't know how to
do so. When it finds font families, it is a common but lucky
accident. This is why I dirty-hack my own fontconfig, because programs
like GIMP and Inkscape use fontconfig to find font families, which
fontconfig doesn't know how to do. Perhaps it should, but I don't have
the energy to pursue the matter. (Perhaps OFLB will.)