[OpenFontLibrary] Some progress!

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Apr 5 19:31:49 PDT 2010

On 6 April 2010 01:25, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> Okay, gotta sleep :-)

Actually, I stayed up, and now nearly everything is working as it was
on the old staging server.

What isn't working now is support in the GCFP interactive typesetting
system for full families, because I can't figure out how to pass the
family variants to pcfp. The output of fc-list as the Apache user is:

PT Sans:style=Italic
Unicode BMP Fallback SIL,Spanish Unicode BMP Fallback SIL:style=Regular
PT Sans Caption:style=Regular
Cantarell:style=Italic
Cantarell:style=Bold
Wovoka :style=Thin
Cantarell:style=Regular
Cantarell:style=BoldItalic

and at http://testvm.openfontlibrary.org/gcfp/ you can see that only
the bold italic is working.

http://testvm.openfontlibrary.org/files works well in terms of Aaron's
filtering, and http://testvm.openfontlibrary.org/files/admin/2 looks
fine.

Also, I still see that "   SyntaxError: Badly formed JSON string: ''
error on the /files page in Firefox 3.6

You will need to fake DNS to the new server to browse around because
the domain name gets hardcoded into the HTML output of ccHost a lot.

root# echo "140.211.167.228 openfontlibrary.org
www.openfontlibrary.org" >> /etc/hosts

Okay, I'm offline for 2 days, if Ben and Ed would like to see if they
can get families working again, that would be great.

The problem lies, I believe, in the
"openfontlibrary_files/lib/oflbTypeface.php" code for the
buildPreview() and generateFontPlaygroundImages() functions.

Cheers