[OpenFontLibrary] Update a PITA

Barry Schwartz chemoelectric at chemoelectric.org
Sun Jul 4 22:56:50 PDT 2010

Uploading a zip of the new version of OFL Goudy didn't have the same
effect as uploading it the first time. I nearly threw things at my
screen. :) I wasn't going to upload one file at a time and ended up
deleting the old version and uploading from scratch. That isn't going
to work very well with @font-face, is it?

I am concerned that without more central management the @font-face
facility isn't going to be very reliable. What happens when people
change the fonts? There is a conflict between @font-face and active
development. There should be a separation, perhaps.

Not directly related: I am not going to add my public domain fonts if
I have to attach a CC-0, because it is about as easy to read as a
credit card agreement. I'm wondering where the FAQ of the FAQ of the
FAQ is, because CC licenses generally both have and need these.

(My most memorable experience with CC licenses is having to explain
very carefully, over the course of days, to a very intelligent but
young person, that clicking the CC box at deviantART had an effect
opposite to the one intended.)