[OpenFontLibrary] Repositories and OFLB (was: why Drupal?)

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Mon Jul 5 06:20:53 PDT 2010

Hi,

On 5 Jul 2010, at 12:23, Schrijver wrote:

> OFLB right now I think has an audience of software people who are into typefaces. Who I might guess could be quite interested in using version control.

See http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/Why for a rationale of the audiences we thought (when writing that page) were important for OFLB.

I think hosting the repository is a long-term goal, because it relies on having good system structure and admin. The reason for giving OFLB a comprehensive facelift was that, apart from being difficult to navigate, the old version of the site looked more like it was aimed at devs than the mainstream.

I definitely want to have a prominent URL on OFLB pages for each font's repository if it is available.

Cheers,
Ben

--

Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html