[OpenFontLibrary] Path to Completion of Open Font Library

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Jul 6 16:33:28 PDT 2010

Hi all, I've been talking over with AikiFramework.org friends Bassel
and Christopher, and then have talked with Dave about this. So, here's
what we are going to do. Dave, Bassel, Christopher and myself are
going to bust out work hard and get an Aiki-based solution up and done
asap by Monday, July 19.

We of course would love to have help with this. We hang out in
#openclipart #aiki We need to port over the current site. We have all
the scripts to do this from converting Open Clip Art Library. We just
need action.

Also, we are going to use this for tracking bugs:

https://launchpad.net/openfontlibrary

The site is at http://testvm2.openfontlibrary.org

We've already set up the installation, with dave leading the charge on
this. Thanks man!

Let us know if you want to help out! We are in IRC. Attack!

Here is the plan of attack:

(1) Setup Aiki on test instance (DONE, thanks to Dave!)

(2) Make feature parity with current openfontlibrary.org (we need to
make sure and have an assessment of this on the wiki. Dave + Rejon)

(3) Import old database (bassel)

(4) install beta tag at top of the site towards the bug tracker (Christopher)

(5) test out the site for review and hopeful conversion to live
(Christopher + All)

We are in IRC right now if you want to help out! We want to get this
tech stuff and management stuff out of the way so that everyone can
focus on making awesome fonts. We've had great success with Open Clip
Art Library, so now lets replicate and explain/show everyone here how
to power-up with Aiki + Open Font Library :)

http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
http://status.net/
http://rejon.status.net + skype: kidproto