[OpenFontLibrary] Path to Completion of Open Font Library

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Jul 6 17:06:17 PDT 2010

On 6 July 2010 17:33, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:

> We have all the scripts to do this from converting Open Clip Art Library.

Where can I download these?

Not http://trac.openfontlibrary.org ?

> (2) Make feature parity with current openfontlibrary.org (we need to
> make sure and have an assessment of this on the wiki. Dave + Rejon)

The site has 4 key features at the moment:

1. Users can upload a font family as a ZIP file, and the ZIP is
unzipped on the server so both the ZIP and the files in the ZIP have
URLs

2. Visitors can view a directory listing of fonts on the site

3. Visitors can view a profile page for each font family on the site, showing:

3a. Download links to the ZIP and individual files (JPEG/PNG are
rendered in the page)
3b. An @font-face based preview of the font and a @font-face snippet generator
3c. A markdown-processed DIV with the contents of a FONTLOG.txt if
included in the ZIP

4a. Users can mark a font family as a derivative of another font
familiy on the site when they upload it
4b. Visitors see the family tree of a font family

Cheers