[OpenFontLibrary] Oflb.org

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Thu Jun 10 09:05:19 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 15:59 +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:

> I have oflb.org and I redirect it to openfontlibrary.org.
>
> We could do the opposite of this, to reduce confusion with
> openfontlibrary.{net,com}

No. You'll be in the same situation, oflb.com is registered to
someone in San Francisco... Unless you can buy it.

Having said that...

Number one priority seems to me to get a working Web site,
with previews for all the fonts.

The new site is looking massively better in this regard, except that
right now it fails the 3-second test -- i.e. you can't guess
what it's about in 3 seconds from looking at the Web page without
scrolling.

It's worth adding the .org to the "open font library"
branding at top left, and that's probably more urgent than e.g.
fixing [[ SyntaxError: Badly formed JSON string: '' ]] on /files,
or completing the missing previews. Afterwards there'll be time
to clean up all that javascript a little too ;-)

But the branding needs to be there right now. Seems to me the
".org" is more important than any other part. Although now
that it has been mentioned, olfb.{org,net,com} should be
registered.

Best,

Liam