[OpenFontLibrary] Revival of the fittest

vernon adams vern at newtypography.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 22:09:43 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 03:28 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > I wonder why you choose to work on a revival instead of an original
> > design in a specific genre, though? That seems more fun to me,
> > personally :-)
>
> It's quite an interesting comment from someone with Reading background
> :)
Yes but Dave evaded the font police there, in fact he's still on the
run ;)

>  First stage of doing art has always been studying and copying
> other's work.

If anything, that's rarely the first stage of art. The first stage would
be some creative 'spirit'. Seeking a deeper knowledge of exactly what
one is doing tends to open up later. I guess the earlier it opens up
though, the better?