[OpenFontLibrary] hinting workflow

Denis Jacquerye moyogo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 14:16:33 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Schrijver <eric at authoritism.net> wrote:
> So I guess when doing a revival you can basically choose between targetting high-dpi devices which allows you to stay more involved with the original outlines, or targetting screen primarily and adapt the design accordingly…
>
> And there’s no reason why you can’t branch and have both, except, you double the time involved :-)

You can actually work with the same design. You just end up having
different curves and different points, drawing the same thing.
Tools like fontforge can convert from one to the other by simply using
copy/paste.
Soo draw with one, and do instructions with the other if needed.

I think tools like Fontlab actually only show you one type and
generates one way or the other depending on the output file.

Denis