[OpenFontLibrary] How much does a new typeface cost?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Mar 5 19:04:08 PST 2010

Hi,

On http://typophile.com/node/68060 John Hudson writes,

"Aaron: Latin-9, 192 Glyph, Regular weight Sans-serif typeface. $7,680
for design. $5,760 for TrueType hinting. $480 per diem for other work
(e.g. OpenType Layout, mastering and testing)."

I remember making a similar thread on TP last year with, sadly, less
specific replies, so I am very impressed that he published this.

$14,000 all in ain't bad, and it sets a realistic figure on how much
revenue a business model has to generate to initiate each free font
family project I think.