[OpenFontLibrary] OFLB development (was: Status Aiki Conversion)

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Thu Jan 20 06:29:31 PST 2011

> Aiki Labs was busy with paid work in the fall, and I've been busy
> earning money to hire someone to sort OFLB out.

&&
> Daniel J Johnson located the problematic font, and the site works
> (eheh) again :)

Thanks for your reply
and thanks you and Daniel for the fix!

I think we need to set a clear direction for development.

Will this hired developer use aiki?
Is there a clear roadmap for what she/he should achieve?

And, how can we help in the meantime?
IMHO it’s also important that the community takes a part in maintaining the site.
Getting a larger group involved is the only way to establish some continuity.
(though if I’m not mistaken, it’s also one of aiki’s design goals to make that easier).

In practice:
Does oflb development still take place in the same way as described on the wiki (the dual svn repositories)?
And is https://launchpad.net/openfontlibrary meant only for the development of the aiki site, or can we also use it to file bugs against the current iteration?

thanks,
Eric