[OpenFontLibrary] Kickin it oldstyle

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Thu Jul 7 13:38:43 PDT 2011

Question:: I'm preparing for the next release of News Cycle, my News
Gothic revival (http://www.glyphography.com/fonts/), which mostly will
be about adding Cyrillic.  But I'm currently killing time waiting for
feedback from alpha-testers, so I've been adding miscellaneous glyphs
that interest me for one reason or another (math symbols, currency,
etc., etc.).

I was considering adding text figures to that list, thinking "hey, it's
only ten," but the problem is, I'm not sure where to put them.
Wikipedia (which is where I get all of my information not gleaned from
mailing lists) says Adobe uses U+f643--U+f64c, while STIX uses
U+0e261--U+0e288.  Is Adobe's more "standard" -- have other fonts
adopted that range to any meaningful degree?  Are there other factors
worth considering?

Thanks,
Nate

--