[OpenFontLibrary] Kickin it oldstyle

Peter Baker b.tarde at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 08:53:23 PDT 2011

Nate,

I don't think there is a standard any more. I'm not absolutely sure
about this specific case, but what Adobe is currently recommending for
variants of this kind is to put them in unencoded slots and make them
available via OpenType features. And the problems with the Unicode PUA
are such that I believe that is the best solution. With MS Word now
supporting OpenType, along with Apple Works and Mellel (when oh when
will Libre/Open/NeoOffice catch up?), there's little reason not to
take this route.

Peter Baker