[OpenFontLibrary] Setting up self hosting

Garrick van Buren garrick at kernest.com
Tue Oct 29 13:59:03 CET 2013

Quinn - what do you mean by "so I don't have to use @font-face"?

Vernon - thanks for calling out the Fontue project. I stopped developing it for 2 reasons:

	- browser support stabilized to the point where TFF & EOT provide sufficient coverage

	- my opinion that @font-face works best when the font files are local to the project - rather than on a hosted service. In my experience w/ running Kernest - there are very few scenarios where a hosted web font service is superior to self-hosted.

Here's the @font-face declaration I normally use:
	@font-face {
	 font-family: 'Allan';
 	 font-style: normal;
	 font-weight: normal;
	 src: url('fonts/allan/Allan.eot?#') format('eot'), url('fonts/allan/Allan.ttf') format('truetype');
	}

Is this helpful?

Garrick van Buren
http://garrickvanburen.com