[OpenICC] CMS configration base

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Nov 26 05:02:06 EST 2004

Hi,

creating the configuration part of the new CMS, mentioned in my
proposal here recently, I played a little bit with elektra. It seems to be
well suited, even so I have to check further if complex matching works as
needed for colour management.

Elektra is an filesystem level configuration tool with minimal
dependencies. An interface to XML exists (even so not perfect along with
my SuSE 8.1). An commandline tool is provided as well as different
language bindings.

Now the questions:
o are there any drawbacks by using an file tree instead of an (small set
  of) configuration file(s) - advantages as well
o will we run in an license issue due to the elektra project is GPL?

Would alterntively the config4gnu an real choice?

hope for Your comments ...

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + imaging development / panoramas