[Openicc] Color management in gimp

Francisco Bernal Rosso pacorosso at ono.com
Sun Apr 3 01:04:43 EST 2005

That is what I say, Martí. That Lcms the way gimp do color management is not
practical. We need to introduce the code in the core. When I asked how to do
it they say go to the bugs, familiarice with the internal structure and then
some day, if you are a kind person maybe we let you touch in the core...
That is not a practical approach. Maybe suitable for software fans, but not
for people who needs an efficient freeware application. Linux has little to
say in graphics arts, and it seems there is no much intetion to change it. I
would like to say my clients they can use Gimp as productively as they use
photoshop, but when somebody tellme about color managemetn... eh... no, boy,
best do it in photoshop, when a client ask for 16 bits graphic production in
Linux... no, best, do it in your Mac with photoshop.

You can write the translation from a color space to another using the
profiles and the LittleCMS. But somebody has to write down that into the
core.

I do
/*--------------------------------------*/
"If quality is important, sRGB is not an option"
(From the European Color Initiative web page www.eci.org)

Francisco Bernal Rosso

Luz-color-fotografia
Redacción y traducción