[Openicc] Color management in gimp - not really

Stefan Döhla color at doehla.de
Mon Apr 4 09:22:11 EST 2005

>> Sorry, but that is wrong. The change to GIMP 2.0 was an incompatible

> Incompatible plug-in API changes occured in GIMP stable before without an
> major version change. Version 1.0 and 1.2 plug-ins for instance are not
> compatible.

Sorry folks, please stop arguing about "egg was before chicken" or "A
is better than B, because I don't like B".

The topic of this list is "how can we bring consistent color
management to every system" - not about personal preferences.

What we really need is:
* Good ideas for Gimp's color management (now and future)
* people willing to help
* ...
* constructive suggestions

What we don't need is:
* Thoughts about what was bad in Gimp
* Thoughts about what kind of people don't use Gimp
* ...
* complaints

Stefan
--