[Openicc] Color management in gimp

Maria, Marti marti.maria at hp.com
Mon Apr 4 17:41:11 EST 2005

Hi Lars,

I definitively agree on the need of OS-wide color management. That is a key idea, and despite what could seem, not much more complex than integrating color management on a single application. We need Gnome/KDE/X11 support instead of Gimp integration. CMM could be selectable, but at the end, which CMM is being used is not so important. The true need is a way apps could be made color-aware transparently. Then *all* graphical apps would be color-aware.

> Their next meeting is held in London, May 3 or 4 or 5.
> I encourage you to attend. We need you there.

I shall be there. Looking forward the developer's conference in Scottsdale as well.

Regards,
Marti Maria.