[Openicc] Color management in gimp

Francisco Bernal Rosso pacorosso at ono.com
Mon Apr 4 19:35:55 EST 2005

So do you think the color management should be implemented at kernel level
or at least as a system module.
But ¿How the several graphic systems we use will manage it? ¿Doing new
"systems calls" for the color management system? ¿Or implement a CM system
in each of the graphic libraries?

I do not thinks to implement the CM in gimp is so difficult. LitleCMS runs
fine. To get a first practical gimp only need to insert one code line in the
C function where Gimp writes the pixels in the screen and the same line
where the gimp writes the image file (if we want to convert the image from
one space to another) .
A second stage could be a more powerfull CM.

/*--------------------------------------*/
"If quality is important, sRGB is not an option"
(From the European Color Initiative web page www.eci.org)

Francisco Bernal Rosso

Luz-color-fotografia
Redacción y traducción