[Openicc] Introduction / Gutenprint

Gerhard Fuernkranz nospam456 at gmx.de
Mon Apr 11 17:13:10 EST 2005

Bob Friesenhahn schrieb:

> The thinking of many is influenced by the Microsoft Windows GDI-based
> printing model in which applications use operating system programming
> interfaces to "draw" what they want the system to print.

Actually I see not so much difference. When you create PostSCript (or
another page description language), then you basically "draw" as well,
all the objects you want to print. If the GDI driver just records all
drawing instruction issued by the application, this will result in a
page description as well.

Regards,
Gerhard