[Openicc] Re: questions concerning gutenprint 5.1

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Fri Apr 22 21:06:10 EST 2005

   Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:45:42 +0200
   From: Jan-Peter Homann <homann at colormanagement.de>

   hello list, hello robert

   It would be nice to hear, what are the plans of
   colormanagement-implementation in gutenprint 5.1

   - Do you plan to implement littleCMS

   - Do you plan a possibilty, that settings for a logical printer, which
   includes all necessary files (e.g. profiles) could be exported and
   imported from/in gutenprint ?

   - do you plan to implement the possibilty of setting an global inklimit ?

   - what others plans, does the gutenprint-team have concerning
   colormanagement ?

   - What is a realistic date for a gutenprint-beta with colormanagement ?

We don't have a detailed plan for 5.1 yet.  That's what I want to put
together by gathering requirements from this list.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton