[OpenICC] Oyranos - proof of concept

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 21:19:09 EST 2005

Hi,

the first proof of concept version of Oyranos is available from my site
(see the link below and follow Oyranos left hand).
Oyranos is intended to solve colour management configuration issues talked
about on this list for free open source operating systems.

The current implementation was started to continue with the discussion on
a practical base.

capabilities:

The discussed default profile directories where adopted. The suggestion of
a MAN_PATH style variable is not implemented. Path configuration is
possible but not yet utilised.

Default profiles can be selected by a GUI (oyranos-config-flu).

A small utility - oyranos-gamma makes a call to the separate
liboyranos-moni.so lib to obtain, by a (poor) heuristic, the best matching
monitor profile name.
Xcalib is called to upload the eventually contained vcgt tag to the
graphics card. The function to set the monitor profile is currently
utilised in icc_examin only. Oyranos-gamma can be automatically called
from a X init script like '.xinitrc'.

To watch what Oyranos (elektra) currently does, look at the
.kdb/user/sw/oyranos/ ... directories.

Let me know what you think. Your comments will help to make basic
decisions, how to proceede with the configuration system.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas