[Openicc] Re: Hello *and* (was): LINUX, Gutenprint / CUPS / Color policies

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri May 13 16:02:30 EST 2005

Am 12.05.05, 21:35 -0600 schrieb Chris Murphy:

> The less the user has to think and do things, the better. Automatic generation
> of a display profile using DDC is already important now, and as next

sRGB is far better than manufacturer provided profiles or what is coming
from DDC.
The uncertainess about this makes DDC not usefull as a default mechanism
for profile generation today.

> generation displays come onto the market, it will be necessary. Even if it's
> not based on custom measurement data, it's better than nothing. Eventually I
> expect technology to get to a point where devices profile themselves,
> including printers and digital cameras.

Thats practical with todays HPs for instant. Clearly I like to see this
profiles in a CMS to forward to interessted applications.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas