[Openicc] Re: Krita... (was color adjusting...)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jun 14 18:00:26 EST 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 00:46, PLinnell wrote:

> Scribus has its own EPS, PS and PDF export routines.  If gutenprint
> and CUPS are correctly installed Scribus can directly access the
> settings within its own printer dialog.
>
> The archives will have an extensive discussion about gutenprint, CUPS
> and printing with icc.

I will read both the archives (already started) and take a look at how easy it
would be port Scribus' Gutenprint support to Krita. And keep it synced, of
course.

> As an FYI, we have it on the list for Scribus to look
> in /usr/share/color/icc and $home/.color/icc for profiles. Hopefully
> for 1.2.2

Okay, I'll add ~/.color/icc to Krita, too. Tonight, probably.

> Kai has done most of the work of making these installable via tarballs
> with makefiles and rpms. In the next few days, we will have a section
> on our downloads on www.scribus.net for these in distro neutral rpms.

I got them installed using alien on my kubuntu-based laptop yesterday.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi