[Openicc] Proof of concept, storing profile in X atoms

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Jun 18 00:25:58 EST 2005

On Jun 17, 2005, at 1:31 AM, Ross Burton wrote:

> The code isn't assuming Adobe RGB, but that is what I am testing it
> with.
>
> The EXIF ColorSpace tag only contains two values, "sRGB" or
> "Uncalibrated".  If it is uncalibrated, then a profile can be created
> from the WhitePoint and PrimaryChromatics properties.  This is what my
> code does so far (I don't handle the sRGB case yet but that is
> trivial).

The latest version of EXIF, I think it's 2.2, also allows for Adobe
RGB (1998).

> The next stage is to extract an embedded ICC profile (I need a tool to
> embed a profile first as none of my JPEGs have one, any ideas?), and
> then to look at PNG support.

This is a different world for me. So is this something that lcms will
not assist with, or something else that could provide such services?
Or is it the case that each application developer must "reinvent the
wheel" so to speak, with each application?

Chris Murphy
Color Remedies (TM)
www.colorremedies.com/realworldcolor