[Openicc] mixed colour space documents

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Nov 28 02:36:30 PST 2005

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Thanks for your respond Casper and Leonard.
>
> So my conclusion is, the mixed colour space document option is still valid
> but should be renamed. What wold be useful?
>
> Saving Mixed colour space documents
> For Print:
>    Preserve Numbers | Flatten to Default Cmyk Editing Space | Promt
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
For this case, you also need to consider what to do with RGB images. Do
you preserve them in tagged RGB, or transform them to the CMYK editing
space?

My suspicion is the former would be correct at least for PDF/X-3, though
I haven't checked that against the spec. After all, if you want to do
colour conversions, you probably want to flatten everything to the
working space anyway. Can anybody here think of cases where that might
not be true?

--
Craog Romger