[Openicc] mixed colour / cm policies

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Tue Nov 29 05:47:42 PST 2005

Hello list
The preserve numbers it not only an export option.
In Adobe Creative Suite 2 (Illustrator and InDesign) it is a setting,
how profiles in placed content are handled for
- softproof
- printing
- export
- exchange of native documents between differnt users

In my view, "preserve numbers" for placed CMYK-content is absolutly
necessary as an standard setting in applications for vectorgraphics or
layout to avoid unwanted color-transformations.

For further oyranos standard settings, the professional user should have
the possibility to enable dialogues for:

- profile mismatch during opening a document
(document profile is differnt to application setting)

- profile mismatch during placing content
(profile of placed content is different of document setting)

- policy mismatch during opening a document
(colormanagement-policy of an document is different to to application
setting)

In my view this would result to two standard settings for mixed colour
documents:

1) Mixed colour without CM mismatch dialogues
2) Mixed colour with CM mismatch dialogues

We also should take in consideration, that the colormanagement policies
(e.g. preserve CMYK numbers) should be either stored in the document or
in every placed object.

:-) Jan-Peter