[Openicc] monitor profiling

Jordi Canton jordinitrox at virtual-sub.org
Thu Feb 22 14:14:54 PST 2007

Hi to all,

Some tine ago I read on this list about generating monitor profiles with
Linux.

I know that I can generate profiles "by eye" with lprof and Argyll CMS can
be used with some devices. I remember that someone said something about the
lack of support for spyder2 colorimeter.

I was just surfing looking for information about this specific device when I
Found the following GPL licensed software called HCFR Colormeter that
already supports Spyder2.

Unfortunatelly it is windows software, but as it is GPL license I figure
that the code could really be very usefull in order to support spyder2 in
Linux on a near future.

The link of this software is
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre/index_en.php , in the page it says
that it is GPL License and that the source code is available upon request.

I hope that this info proves usefull to someone interested on having thios
device supported in linux. Unfortunatelly I don't have time to follow this
path as I am currently involved into other projects.

--
Jordi Cantón
mailto:JordiNitrox at Virtual-Sub.Org