[Openicc] CC Profiles In X Specification and dispwin

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 08:26:43 PST 2008

Hi,

Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:

> Another thing that worried me was the maybe crossing conflict with the
> profiling service provided by the photoprint author.

Thank you for even considering this, but please don't worry about
stepping on my toes here.

My own service has seen similar levels of interest to yours, and has
gone some way towards recouping the cost of the instruments.  Like you,
I intended to build a database of profiles which people could download
for free.  However, I quickly realized that we all settle on our own
favourite types of ink and paper (perhaps open-source types are more
reluctant to use expensive branded consumables?) and I've not yet been
asked to profile the same printer / ink / paper combination by two
different people!

For the record, I have a DTP41 (and a ColorSavvy CM2C which I use for
awkward media like printable CDs) - and I'm happy to do my bit to help
with this - though as with everyone else, it seems, my spare time is
ever-diminishing!

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson