[Openicc] Drop size calibration

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 28 17:04:00 PST 2008

   Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:27:26 -0600 (CST)
   From: Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us>

   I am beginning to think that this list should be renamed to
   "openinkdropdropdrop" due to the massive number of arcane emails
   regarding ink drop size and dithering.  I must apologize for
   reading hardly any of them.

   At one time this list was about how to integrate color management
   into X11-based environments but recently it seems that discussions
   have largely focused on nuances of ink-jet printing technology
   which are not directly related to X11-based environments.  Is it
   possible that discussions are getting off track for this list?  Are
   there lists which are more appropriate for discussing printer
   dithering techniques?

I'd be very happy to host the discussion on
gimp-print-devel at lists.sourceforge.net, if people would like to
(personally, I'd prefer it -- I'd rather have this discussion where
more printing folks will see it).  But this is all related to color
and color management.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton