[Openicc] Drop size calibration

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 17:23:31 PST 2008

Hi

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> I must apologize for reading hardly any of them.

There's not need to apologize for not reading a discussion which is of
no interest to you personally. ;)

> At one time this list was about how to integrate color management into
> X11-based environments but recently it seems that discussions have
> largely focused on nuances of ink-jet printing technology which are
> not directly related to X11-based environments.

Well, it's true that this discussion has gone down a very specialized
alley, but it sprung up as a result of discussing how open source
systems should handle linearization and profiling of printers, which is
well within the OpenICC remit.

> Is it possible that discussions are getting off track for this list?

It's possible - and the initial post in this thread was made on another
list too.  This is the one in which the discussion sprang up, however,
because this is the list that contains the particular mix of
knowledgeable people all in one place.  Sure, it's not interesting to
everyone, but what is?

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson