[Openicc] List scope

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Mon Jan 28 17:54:01 PST 2008

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> At one time this list was about how to integrate color management into
> X11-based environments but recently it seems that discussions have
> largely focused on nuances of ink-jet printing technology which are
> not directly related to X11-based environments.  Is it possible that
> discussions are getting off track for this list?  Are there lists
> which are more appropriate for discussing printer dithering
> techniques?

I'd hope this list is a great deal wider than just X11 based environment.
At the same time, I think it would be unnecessarily pigeon-holing
the discussion about calibration to assume that it is gimp print
specific. It's really exploring how print calibration and profiling
interact with all the other stages in print processing. There are
some synergies that can be had, and the end result (hopefully)
will be systems that are faster, have better quality output, and
simpler to setup for some new printer or media.