[Openicc] Drop size calibration

Plinnell mrdocs at scribus.info
Mon Jan 28 20:03:54 PST 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008 01:27:26 Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> I am beginning to think that this list should be renamed to
> "openinkdropdropdrop" due to the massive number of arcane emails
> regarding ink drop size and dithering.  I must apologize for reading
> hardly any of them.
>
> At one time this list was about how to integrate color management into
> X11-based environments but recently it seems that discussions have
> largely focused on nuances of ink-jet printing technology which are
> not directly related to X11-based environments.  Is it possible that
> discussions are getting off track for this list?  Are there lists
> which are more appropriate for discussing printer dithering
> techniques?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
> ======================================
> Bob Friesenhahn
> bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/

Hi,

While some of this discussion is a bit specific, I'm not of the mind to
exclude it. While some of the discussion might be quite detailed, it is an
area which needs attention in the open source world.

This thread has come from an earlier and quite interesting discussion - the
kind I had hoped would result when I started the list originally. I'd hate
anyone to hesitate to post to the list a technical, but relevant thread.

Cheers,

Peter