[Openicc] Questions about ... CM for Displays

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Wed Feb 13 00:21:03 PST 2008

Hello list,
Concerning colormanagement to the display, we have following use cases:
1) all content shown on the display has the same colorspace e.g. sRGB
This could be colormanagemed by LUTS in the Video-Card or in in the monitor

2) different windows showing content in differnt colorspace
This could be colormanagement by the Desktop (e.g. KDE or Gnome)

3) Complex documents are presented in a window. But the objects have
different profiles
This must be colormanagemed by the application itself (e.g. Layout
application or PDF viewer)

If we are thinking abou a colormanagement architecture, we always have
to look how this three cases work together.

Regards
Jan-Peter

PS: Similar, but even more complicated is the colormanagement
architecture for the printing-chain...