[Openicc] License for redistributable profiles

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Fri Feb 29 14:32:19 PST 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> As the work on Oyranos continues, I try to sort out issues for
> distributors.
>
> One is the profile licensing for the included ECI profiles. I was now in
> contact with various profile providers and hopefully one or all will
> switch to CC-BY or CC-BY-SA.
>
> I found these licenses among others on the FSF page. Hope they are ok to
> be used inside the Oyranos package without exposing problems to
> distributors. An confirmation regarding these licenses from distributors
> would be nice, and a deny would be really good to know.

Well, to the best of knowledge, Version 2.0 of CC licences are a no-no for
debian. It's very possible that Version 3.0 CC-BY and CC-BY-SA will be
accepted by debian.

Debian is the most "restrective" distribution when it comes to licences, so if
you can find a solution that works for them, it's very likely that it will
works for everyone else.

[1] http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Version_3#Debian

--
Cyrille Berger