[Openicc] 2008 Google SoC preparations

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sun Mar 2 11:35:22 PST 2008

   Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 19:50:20 +0100 (CET)
   From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>

   Here come some project ideas. Please comment if you feel appropriate.

   Printing and Devices:
   o implement a generic device settings to colorimetry layer
     o do a sample implementation in Gutenprint/libopenraw ...
     (Kai-Uwe, Robert?, Hubert? ...)
   o Makes it sense to design and implement a printer
     calibration/linearisation gui?
     (Graeme, Hal, Robert)

I'd be very happy to help out here, subject to time constraints.  I
don't know how time consuming mentoring (or whatever I would need to
do) typically is.

I'd really like this kind of thing to be the key feature in Gutenprint
5.2.  That is one of the relatively few interesting features left that
we didn't get to in 5.0.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton