[Openicc] ICC Profiles in X Specification 0.4

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Thu Mar 25 23:02:53 PDT 2010

Jon Cruz wrote:
> Well... Xinerama might be deprecated, but it's definitely not obsolete.
>
> I've just re-checked with the latest updated OS X 10.6.2, and the shipping X11
> still only supports client API use of Xinerama and not XRandR. Therefore nothing
> has come along to actually obsolete it there.

Well, they should get their act together!

Xinerama doesn't formally support setting per display LUTs - it happens to
work as an accident (which is why the proprietary emulations of Xinerama
don't support setting per display LUTs - they don't implement this
accidental behaviour), whereas XRandR 1.2 formally supports it.

As a company that trumpets its color credentials, you'd hope that Apple
would do better.